What is a secure password?
A secure password is a password that can not be easily guessed or generated automatically.
Our website passwords require:
- At least 8 characters
- At least one lower case letter (abcdefg etc)
- At least one upper case letter (ABCDEFG etc)
- At least one number
- At least one symbol
- No more than 2 successive identical characters
- At least 4 different letters
- No easily guessed words
The available symbol characters to use are:
! # $ % & ( ) * + - , : ; < = > ? @
Some examples of passwords are:
The passwords listed below are NOT secure:
- House2 (shorter than 8 characters)
- whitehouse (does not contain an upper case character, or number, or symbol)
- WINCHESTER (does not contain a lower case character, or number, or symbol)
Please avoid the use of easily guessed passwords such as 'Password1'.